Tuesday 12 February 2013

...Back in Britain.

Right well as most of you know I have returned from my epic wanderings and I'm now back home *sigh*, so I figured I'd give you an update from sunny old Britain - aren't you lucky bunnies? Well apart from my insides freezing on impact whenever I leave the "safe zone" (the safe zone being my bed, my bed is my heaven, God knows why one must leave the house!) not much has happened (looks like it's going to be a short blog!).

I put off writing this blog in the first week when I got back because it was all doom and gloom. I really wasn't happy to be home, in fact I would have preferred to be anywhere else but in England. That feeling only deepened whilst I waited patiently for my backpack to make it's journey from the plane's underbelly to my waiting arms and I heard a girl with a distinct Croydon accent and all I could think was "Oh God, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. I cannot be here. Put me back on that plane, take me somewhere, ANYWHERE!" It's safe to say I lost a grip on what little sanity I had left in that following week. It was brilliant to see my family and the handful of friends I've seen so far has made coming home feel less like a step backwards and more like well, like a step, I guess. So I went and chopped off my "Asia-fro" and got down to business. (Not like hooker business as that sentence implied.)

I landed on my feet with my "job", even though it's not something I want to do, like it's not my career, which is fine I guess cos it pays the bills - sort of. But whilst on my epic adventure I realised that what I want to do is get back into acting, so my lovely lovelies that is exactly what I plan to do. I've been applying for jobs since I got back and now I have my first audition in 2 YEARS on Friday - wish me luck. I just hope my new found steam can carry me through it seeing as I'm totally bricking it, I think it's just down to having not done it for so long, do you know what I mean? Like when you haven't ridden a bike for 2 years and you get back on one and your like "how the fuck do I ride a bike?". It's the same kind of feeling - minus the bike of course, that would be a completely different audition if you get what I'm saying...!

My cousin told me to give it a while, that I'll fall back in love with London again and to be honest I didn't quite understand what she was saying. Before I left I wanted to escape the city and her hustle and bustle, the crazy crowds, the pavement hogging tourists and the countless cars, buses, cabs and trucks that seem to clutter her streets. Unfortunately none of those things have changed but what has changed is my outlook (vomit inducing sentence I know but please fellows just bear with me!) I don't get as irate when a tourist cuts me off or stops in the middle of the pavement to stare at a map because I was a tourist and I must have pissed a lot of people off with my irregular walking patterns and what must have seemed like stupid questions regarding transport. And she was right, I am falling back in love with London again, especially when I'm standing like a statue in the freezing cold waiting for my bus to chug up the hill and take me to work and I look out across the roof tops and I see the sun rising. That brings a smile to my semi frozen face, it make waking up at 6am all worth it - well sort of.


So good news London, I'm falling in love with all your rough edges all over again and this time I just hope the love lasts.

 
On another sunny side it tried to snow yesterday and the result left my garden looking like a botched version of the Ice Queen's servants, cousins, brothers garden. Pretty no? The cat hated it!















So I'll leave it there for now, I'll let you know how my audition went - please keep your cyber fingers crossed for me! I'll leave you with a final picture, in a way it's like a goodbye to South East Asia, like once and for all, so friends I'd like you to wish goodbye to the tower of beer. Goodbye friend, I'll drink you one tasty can after the other tasty can...



















P.S. I forgot to give a big shout out to all my fellow traveller buddies out there, I hope it's all going swell and I will see you again someday, hopefully sooner rather then later!

No comments:

Post a Comment