Wednesday 18 April 2012

...Bemused Bumble

Right so this weeks bumble comes courtesy of those beloved chuggers. Now don't get all antsy this isn't a post about how much I despise them always getting in my way, demanding my bloody money or God forbid not even caring about the charity their working for. No none of this is relevant. I myself use to be a chugger. I lasted all of two weeks. I personally found it soul wrenching and my poor ego just couldn't stand the day to day hit. I like myself too much and couldn't put myself out there in the way they wanted. I took every "no" personally.

However I digress. Me being a chugger or should I say an ex-chugger has nothing to do with what I want to talk about.

I was approached the other day by a very young, good looking chap who proceeded to tell me why he didn't want me to sign up for any monthly contract but he did want me to send a text to the company donating a small amount of money. So I did. Then they called and signed me up to a 3 quid a month package *sigh*.  So why did I get sucked in? Mainly because he was an attractive young man and this got me thinking. (About chugging, not about how attractive he was. Come on now people he was like 19 that's pratically a baby.) The companies that employ these young people must only employ attractive young people. Makes sense doesn't it? No one wants to be approached and harassed by an unattractive person do they? If someone gravely disfigured and smelly came up to you asking for your money for their chosen charity would you give it to them? Probably not. But if their attractive it makes a hell of a lot of difference doesn't it? Sounds harsh but it's the truth. You wouldn't give you money to someone who you don't find attractive, even just a little bit? It does sound wrong but that's the world we live in. Think about it. I mean really, really think about. (It all comes back down to the real hair incident again really doesn't it).

Anyway I'm gonna pause my thought there before it goes too deep and I end up sounding like a crazy...

I will however be turning 25 next month and it is a slight cause for concern, mainly because the 5 year old me planned for so much more to have happened by now (I was meant to be working for the post office dammit. That however is another story!) So I'm throwing a party and trying to forget my life isn't quite where I would want it to be and I will drink my home spiced rum and have a good time. I'll appreciate the good friends I have around me and I'll savour the moments which make me smile. Something I find hard to do but something this new man friend of mine has been (unknowingly) teaching me. Who knows 25 may be a golden year.

Heres hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment