Wednesday 6 July 2011

...Introduction

So this is the first blog ever.

I was prompted to open a blog following the spectacular advice from my good friend John "Spiderfingers" Clay. However he has neglected to tell me HOW to go about this blog writing business, so at the moment I'm flying blind. Cheers mate.

The main intention is to get a bit of perspective on my writing and to voice my inane ramblings, what else is a blog for? 


Good question. Who knows? I know I don't. Answers on an A5 sized postcard please. 


I struggled massively with the "About Me" section. I find it hard to sum myself up - especially if I'm given a word limit, I break out in a cold sweat and my hands start shaking - no seriously, it is a very serious condition. I may need meds. 


You may then ask the question as to why I became an actor - again good question. I was told the other day by a girl from work that I was "brave for what I'm doing". I turned around and told her that it's not bravery. I just have a need to express myself creatively. And what better way to do it then standing on a stage in front of (sometimes) hundreds of people and giving them a good emotional kicking. 

So the same should be said for my writing. I need to get a good kicking. I need to know that what I'm writing isn't a pile of shite, I guess this is the actor in me, feeling the need to be justified. Humour me anyway.

2 comments:

  1. I made a lot of stuff up in my about me. Don't give it too much thought as everyone is too busy promoting themselves to give a look at others. Or so I thought. I'll send u an invite to the writers circle I'm in. Remember? Only need a post once a month though I do admire your weekly declaration! Expect to make pals for life from it; we're all constructive in a critique and are always looking for the dedicated and the adventurous to join us.
    Take risks, die happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers dude :) will give the "About Me" section less thought

    ReplyDelete